FIS Expands Annual InnovateIN48 Competition to Next Generation of Fintech Leaders
- In its ninth year, FIS’ InnovateIN48 innovation competition continues to spark creativity and new technologies to continually advance the way the world pays, banks and invests.
- The fintech competition, which had been employee-based since 2013, expanded this year to include a Student Edition focused on financial inclusion.
- Winning student teams received prizes and priority interviews for internships or full-time employment with FIS, with the first-place team earning entry into a pre-accelerator technology startup program with FIS to continue working on their idea.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211216005051/en/
To date, nearly 10,000 top tech strategists, developers and customer experience (CX) experts have participated in this annual competition.
Driven by the 2021 theme “Write the Code. Right the World,” students from 19 U.S. colleges competed to create digital solutions with the goal of enhancing financial inclusion and providing meaningful access to financial services for underserved communities. The inaugural InnovateIN48 Student Edition provided participants with the opportunity to collaborate with FIS leaders across multiple fintech disciplines. Representing the
- A payment consolidation app that pulls mobile data into one place.
- An eye-tracking online banking program for those with motor-control disorders.
- A credit solution that enables people without an address to finance a purchase.
Students from the winning teams represented the
The first-place team received entry into a pre-accelerator technology startup program with FIS to continue advancing and commercializing their idea.
For InnovateIN48’s employee competition, 265 teams consisting of more than 1,200 FIS colleagues were challenged to design a solution that increased delivery speed, simplified processes, enhanced performance or delivered new capabilities for clients. With only 48 hours to collaborate, create and code, these employees worked to solve real business challenges for clients using FIS’ digital innovation labs and creative ideation platforms. The winning ideas were:
- An intelligent architecture image parser and infrastructure solution to increase productivity during project setup.
- An automated solution for compliance officers that accelerates the identity verification process during anti-money laundering investigations.
- A blockchain platform where trade clearing and settlement are performed by using smart-contract functionalities.
- Immersive augmented reality technology to support small- and mid-sized merchants with in-store marketing.
“FIS isn’t just a destination for innovation – it’s a destination for innovators,” said
To receive information on next year’s student event or learn more, visit our InnovateIN48-Student Edition website.
FIS was recently named to Fast Company’s 2021 Best Workplaces for Innovators list. Earlier this year, FIS announced a student loan repayment program for eligible college graduate hires within the
FIS is a leading provider of technology solutions for merchants, banks and capital markets firms globally. Our employees are dedicated to advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests by applying our scale, deep expertise and data-driven insights. We help our clients use technology in innovative ways to solve business-critical challenges and deliver superior experiences for their customers. Headquartered in
Senior Vice President